About the Job
The Radio operator facilitates Radio and Telecommunication and makes constant follow ups on all field trips as per the internal procedures. He/she support the information flow on all security related issues.
These are Somalia-based resident/national positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Operates all equipment for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and for Data communication (Lotus Notes)
· Facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
· Supports proactively information flow on security-related issues
· Manages the IT equipment based in the radio room
· Responsible for the telephone switchboard operations when need
· Follows up on all the dispatched mails/parcels to ensure that they are received at the planned destination and all
messages for the sub-delegation are well received
· Monitors all the field trips in Mogadishu as per the field trip guidelines
· Ensure that the field trip forms are completed, approved and dispatched to concerned structures and informs all
concerned parties about upcoming field trips
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· College Diploma preferably in Information Technology or vocational training in electronics, telecommunication or related field of study
· 2 years of experience as a Radio Operator or a related field of activity
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages
· Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
· Good planning assessment, organizational, Coordination and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Attention to details and proactive
· Excellent computer skills
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 30th April 2019. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *[email protected].*
- Job City mogadishu