World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide oversight to all Refugee and hosting communities operations within Ethiopia Emergency Response Program areas, overseeing the management of all refugee staffs and projects. Position also participates in the design of future projects in collaboration with various stakeholders, representation, advocacy, etc.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Ensure that all current projects are implemented according to project proposals and contracts and in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the donor in conjunction with WV Ethiopia and relevant Support Offices.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with donors, NGOs (both local and international), and relevant government authorities(e.g UNHCR, ARRA, regional government s and other stake holders )
- Initiate and lead competitive proposal development to get funding from potential refugee donors in collaboration with Grant acquisition teams
- Working with HEA head, with input from Sector Coordinators, to develop strategies for future World Vision Ethiopia refugee emergency and development programming.
- Lead all refugee team on the design of new project design proposal for South Sudanese and Somali refugee and host communities.
- As a member of HEA management team, participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the effective leadership of the overall ministry, including annual operating plan and multi-year strategic planning
- Complete and submit operational activity reports to leadership
- Take a lead role in growing the organization – working to implement strategy for World Vision Ethiopia suitable for South Sudanese refugee and host communities
- Maintain regular contact with other international and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), World Vision support offices and government officials working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information regarding current and future work in the country
- Coordinate and conduct on-going monitoring and the evaluation of all project activities.
- Oversee preparation of financial status and project progress reports, and other information as required for the donors, the Program Director, Support Offices, and Partnership Office
- Ensure that proper accounting systems and practices are in place within the Operations Department, so as to facilitate the approval of funding for projects.
- Oversee all refugee program compliance with all relevant sections of the Field Financial Manual as well as P&C Policy Guidelines.
- Ensure that audit reports and audit findings are distributed to project managers and to all senior operations staff, so that findings and problems can be addressed and solved.
- Ensure that projects provide responses to the HEA Department on all audit reports and findings, so that these responses can be directed to the Internal Auditor and assess the effectiveness of current projects and identify possibilities for new projects.
QULIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In order to qualify for this positions candidates are expected to meet the following qualifications i.e. technical skills , or other knowledges are required :
- Educational level required: Master’s Degree in development studies , Agriculture, , livelihood, Protection Water/Sanitation , education fields and or other related fields
- Technical Training qualifications required: relief, disaster management , refugee program , IDPs, and related field
- Experience: minimum 8 years of experience in relief , refugee or disaster management and development work in developing country specially in Gambela
- Experience with World Vision or a similar large NGO’s policies and procedures
- Experience working in refugee context with NGO, ARRA , key donors ECHO, BPRM, GAC , JPF or UN agencies such as UNHCR and UNICEF
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Professional licenses, as required in the field and by the donors;
- Experience in management and knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures;
- Ability to train and supervise a multi-cultural staff;
- Good cross-cultural communication skills;
- An openness to learning about and understanding the culture, political, and social and economic situation of the country;
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Good public relations and public speaking skills;
- Requires: fluent in spoken and written in English, good writing skills;
- Requires a willingness to spend at least 33% of his/her time in the field visiting projects sometimes under difficult living conditions;
- Able to work and travel extensively in the Horn of Africa countries and elsewhere to attend various senior management meetings internationally and within the WV Partnership;
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field where disasters strike and sometimes to insecure areas, in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Travel: 25-30 % domestic/international travel is required.
- May be deployed to other countries for months to share experiences and response
- Place of Work: Head Office , Addis Ababa
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from World Vision Ethiopia – Employment_Application_Form(1) ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
- Job City Addis Ababa