World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Regional Director for People & Culture, you will provide strategic leadership to World Vision East Africa Region (EAR) in the area of People & Culture and Organizational Development by maximizing the potential of World Vision’s (WV) human resources and optimizing organizational performance, sustaining the culture and ensuring alignment to fulfil WV’s strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, and matrix reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will provide leadership in developing leadership capacity, furthering executive development of National Directors and senior staff. You will also build strong relationships with Global Center client groups and engage with external networks to collaborate and further build WV’s brand. You will matrix manage National Office People & Culture Directors and lead a team of Regional Office People & Culture staff. East Africa Region has three fragile countries and this position will ensure context appropriate support is provided to these countries which have several hardships and extreme hardship locations.
- Graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in Human Resource Management, Social Science/Studies, or Organizational Development.
- A relevant Masters Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Studies or an MBA.
- A high level capacity and demonstrated skill in setting vision, developing strategy on a broad scale in Human Resources.
- Experience in leading and managing complex projects, including learning and organizational development, culture change, recruitment and talent management and employee relations.
- Experience of cross-functional and cross cultural management including international/regional operations, support functions, engagement across a range of audience and disciplines.
- A committed and passionate Christian who will be able to provide spiritual leadership.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Travel up to 30% per month when required (regional and international).
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 15 FEB 2022. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
- Job City Nairobi, Kenya