Regional Technical Experts will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical expertise, and relationship building skills to provide a critical link between the Save the Children’s global and country level technical work, strengthening our technical offer at the regional level. They are specialists in their field, contributing to building capacity and fostering networks across country office technical experts. The Regional Education Technical Advisor will provide strategic guidance for education programming in WCA and support the sourcing of technical assistance for country office needs in development programming. It supports the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to demonstrate impact, while sharing learning across country offices, and ensuring quality of our programmes. S/he will lead on the delivery of the regional educ ation strategy, ensure alignment with the global education strategy, develop plans for RO investment in key sub-thematic areas, support regional linkages on issues of technical assistance and common approaches, will coordinate regional learning and communities of practice, and will engage in regional partnerships. She/he will also support regional advocacy and influencing and driving strategic partnerships for new business development business development.
Qualifications and experience
* At least 7 years’ experience of working internationally in Education in emergency or development settings
* Understanding of the Education sector in West and Central Africa
* Experience of context, capacity and policy analysis, and influencing and advocacy at regional/international level in order to hold duty bearers to account to realise children’s rights.
* Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
* Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for children
* Experience of promoting quality and impact through at least one cross-cutting are: gender equality and inclusion, adaptive and safer programming.
* Demonstrated program design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
* Track record in successful business development/fundraising
* Proven representation and advocacy skills
* Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring
* Experience of strategy development and planning
* Excellent writing/editing skills and presentation/communication skills
* Fluent in French and English and high level of English writing skills.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties
* Ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* Excellent English and French language skills, both verbal and written, required.
* Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Contract length: 2 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Job City Dakar