Regional Head of Program Implementation – Arua
Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Location: Arua Field Office
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
Overall purpose of the Regional Head of Program Implementation – Arua will contribute to the effective Program/ Project implementation and ensure delivery of high-quality programs/projects for children in the regional office. This involves working through the Project managers in the development of relevant projects that meet the needs of the beneficiaries, implementation of approved projects within time, with quality and within budget. Ensuring that ongoing programs/projects are continuously monitored using the quality benchmarks and working with the project managers, technical specialists and awards team to ensure that quality reports are developed and shared with the members on time.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
The Key Area of Accountability include:
- Program design
- Program implementation and delivery
- Program monitoring and reporting
- Staff Management, Mentorship and Development – Program/Project staff
- Representation and Advocacy
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- Master’s degree in development, other social sciences; or bachelor’s degree with 5 – 8 years’ experience working within a complex NGO and managing multiple or complex programs
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience managing a large programme in a complex emergency as well development context, with a particular focus on [education, child protection, child right governance, health, nutrition, WASH and livelihoods], in large international non-governmental organisation or other international relief/development body with budget responsibility of USD 4 Million and above
- Recommended 4 – 8 years management experience in an NGO environment, including significant experience in implementing and managing multi-location programs/projects and multi-sector programs.
- Experience of managing the project cycle, including, project design, proposal and report writing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound financial management skills, particularly in budgeting and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage an effective team with at least three years of direct supervision experience, and/or expertise with remote operational/logistical/financial management.
- Familiar with effective financial and budgetary controls, management and understanding of major donor requirements
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organise a substantial workload, for self and others, that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, as well as demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- A high level of resilience, willingness to travel frequently to field location.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 6th October 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
- Job City Uganda