Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-profit organization with a mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. For more information please visit our website www.msh.org.
MSH is seeking candidates for a new five-year program to provide support in addressing critical human resources challenges in Ethiopia’s health sector. MSH is a key partner in the Jhpiego-led consortium implementing the USAID-funded Health Workforce Improvement Program (HWIP) in which MSH is playing a major role in strengthening Human Resources for Health Management. The Project expected results include: competency of the health workforce improved; health workforce management and regulation capacity improved; and evidence-based decision making institutionalized.
MSH is inviting applications for the position of Leadership, Management and Governance Manager
The Regional HRM Advisors will provide management and oversight for the establishment and strengthening of governance structures, policies, procedures and practices for effective human resources management at Regional Health Bureau (RHB), Zonal Health Department (ZHD), Woreda Health Office (WoHO) and health facilities in Ethiopia. This will include: providing support to improve organizational structure and staffing, HR leadership and governance development; evidence-based planning for human resources; effective HR management including recruitment, deployment, motivation, and retention; and health education and health workforce regulation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate Degree in public health, international development, public administration, management, social sciences or a related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the following areas:
- Implementing HRH Management and quality improvement programs.
- Providing HRH and leadership and management training with regional, zonal, and district health offices.
- Providing technical assistance to RHBs staff working on Human Resource for Health..
- Job City SNNPR, Addis Ababa, Oromia, Tigray, Somali, Amhara, Herari, Gambella, Bengashul-Gumz, Dire-Dawa, Afar