Education Development Trust is looking for a Regional Programmes Director to oversee delivery and operational management for the regional portfolio of projects in the Sub-Saharan African region. Reporting to the Regional Director, this includes oversight of project management processes and effectiveness as part of a Delivery Excellence approach to ensure contract milestones, including impact and financials, are achieved, effective project reporting and client management, and strong technical approaches that deliver impact. Subject to the requirements of the programme and resources available this will include direct project line management for Team Leaders of specific projects in the region.
As a member of the SSA Management Team the post holder will be responsible for shared leadership for project progress and decision making across all aspects of the business unit, with specific responsibility to oversee effective project operational and financial reporting and governance. They will also be required to support new business and strategy development processes to contribute to growth across the region.
- Responsible for ensuring effective project management and implementation (Delivery Excellence) is being maintained across the regional portfolio of projects, through direct or matrix management and support for key personal within regional projects.
- Accountable for establishing effective regional support and governance for the delivery aspects of the project portfolio, including effective and fit-for-purpose reporting approaches, linked to associated budget reporting (working with the Regional Head of Finance).
- Where necessary, providing direct support to project teams with project or technical issues, providing advice, guidance and support, where necessary coaching key individuals or providing support for teams to develop improvement and training plans, with escalation where necessary to the Regional Director, regional or central teams.
- Act as an internal expert for project management and technical aspects of delivery.
- Establish and lead a mechanism for learning/Community of Practice to ensure regular dialogue across projects to promote problem solving and team working.
- Manage programme issues and risks including leading and controlling project change processes such as reprogramming/adaptation.
- Directly line manage Team Leaders as required, ensuring they are supported and managed to provide the right leadership for delivery, financial, impact, team and stakeholder management aspects of programmes, meeting client and Ed Dev Trust requirements.
- Establish effective working relationships with key internal teams, both project teams and central support functions – including Delivery Excellence, Finance, HR/Global Resourcing, Business Development and Consultancy.
- Responsibility for ensuring strong external stakeholder relationships are being established within projects and across the region to support effective project delivery and effective positioning of the organisation, in support of the Regional Strategy.
- Represent the organisation in high-level forums effectively, as required.
- Support regional leadership and management, including active participation in monthly programme management meetings and strategy processes, representing project delivery needs, supporting decision making and modelling Ed Dev Trust values and vision.
Provide support to new business development processes, in particular ensuring there is appropriate technical input to new project design and new business development is informed by current project progress.
- Job City Nairobi with Travel