The SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is a youth-centred organisation dedicated to gender-equal youth health. SAT works across the SADC region, with country programmes in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and a regional office in South Africa. We support over 100 communities, NGOs, CBOs and activists to help adolescents walk healthy, happy, confident and safe pathways to adulthood.
SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) seeks to appoint a Regional Programmes Manager to be based in Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The purpose of the position will be to lead SAT’s SRHR Programme, contributing to its development, & managing implementation of the programme, including support to SAT country offices, ensuring sustainability of resources to create supportive environments where young people can realise their rights and wellbeing.
- Strategic planning and alignment with global best practices in SRHR programming
- Supporting and managing implementation and reporting on SAT’s programme focus areas: adolescent access to SRHR education, information, counselling and services; removing legal barriers and strengthening the protective environment for adolescents; supporting young people’s meaningful participation and leadership in health
- Representation and networking
- Regional and country staff, and partner capacity building and support
- Contributing to Resource Mobilisation strategy development, implementation and review
- At least a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences and experience in development, public health, gender, SRHR or HIV
- Have at least 5 years working in public health, SRHR or HIV
- Have 3-5 years supervisory or managerial experience, preferably in the development sector
- Have experience in structured project management and supervising staff, operating multiple functions and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
- Be able and willing to travel both within and outside South Africa.
- A qualification or training in project management is strongly desirable
- The opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long-established regional organisation, making a real difference to the lives and health of young people
- A professional working environment in the heart of Rosebank, Johannesburg
- A competitive market-related salary package based on experience, qualifications and skills
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivating letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Senzi Radebe at [email protected]
SAT is an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourages qualified people living with HIV, people living with disabilities, women and transgender applicants.
- Job City Johannesburg