Samaritan’s Purse International Relief is looking for skilled Registered Nurses to provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care.
- Knowing, Promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/Precautions
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions
- Performing physical exams and diagnostic tests
- Assisting medical procedures
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients
- Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment.
- Consulting with nurse supervisors and physicians to determine best treatment plans for Patients
- Managing patient records, taking medical histories, and recording medicaxtions, treatments, and symptoms.
- Helping patients understand their care plan, and collaborating with doctors to develop plans that patients are comfortable with.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Must have analytical skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the SP values and ethics
Education / Experience Needed
- BA in Science of Nursing
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- local language
- English is an advantage
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands will be dependent upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work in a security context that is fluid
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV and application letter to [email protected] no later than May 28, 2020. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ‘Registered Nurse”.
- Job City SNNPR