Position Title : Reintegration and Outreach Officer
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis*, Tunisia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador,
Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (Movement), and with technical guidance from the Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist at the Regional Office in Cairo, when needed, the successful candidate will support IOM’s migrant assistance activities from Libya, specifically the Voluntary Humanitarian Assistance reintegration (VHR) activities. S/he will provide support in all VHR return projects and/or components under different projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the delivery of reintegration support to returnees from Libya in Countries of Origin
(CoO) in liaison with IOM CoO offices.
- Regularly review and assess current reintegration guidelines and practices to recommend measures that make reintegration intervention more effective and efficient.
- In cooperation with CoO, monitor that reintegration activities in CoO are implemented in accordance with project parameters.
- Support screening and identification of reintegration beneficiaries in close coordination with
relevant units in Libya (Operations, protection, medical and border management)
- Check the synergy between reintegration packages offered by VHR and other direct assistance projects in order to consistently provide comprehensive assistance to vulnerable cases.
- Maintain an updated record of cases and files on reintegration caseloads while ensuring the confidentiality of the data.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of VHR communication and outreach strategies targeting potential beneficiaries, donors, partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development of project concepts/proposals, resource mobilization initiatives and the preparation of regular progress reports on VHR.
- Organize and participate in events, meetings, and trainings, with civil society organizations, NGOs, embassies, and all other relevant stakeholders with the aim to coordinate and promote VHR activities.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of migrants’ assistance with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization in the Middle East and/or North Africa.
- Experience in project administration;
- Experience in writing and editing informational materials and reports;
- Knowledge of social and development issues as well as general migration related issues;
- Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
*The position is based in Tunis with possible relocation to Libya.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 13.07.2017 to 26.07.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/159(P)-Reintegration & Outreach officer (P2)-IOM Libya in Tunis*,Tunisia
Posting: Posting NC55117688 (55117688) Released
- Job City Tunis , Tripoli