Position: Resilience & Livelihood Technical Program Officer – Western Region
Report to: Resilience & Livelihood Technical Program Manager
Location: Rakai District
Purpose of the position:
Contribute to achieving WVU’s child wellbeing targets in designated clusters through planning, monitoring and implementing the Resilience & Livelihood programme in line with applicable technical approaches and WVU national strategy. Oversee roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership, sustainability
Project planning and implementation
- Ensure that the cluster designs are in line with the Resilience &Livelihood national office strategy
- Supervise and monitor ongoing activities under the Cluster Resilience & Livelihood projects
- Ensure quality in the roll out of project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
- Coordinate and oversee Cluster Resilience &Livelihood projects being implemented by partners and technical resource persons.
- Initiate and participate in Production and food production district Advocacy initiatives
- Liaise with the National office technical specialists for quality implementation of Resilience &Livelihood projects.
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in Resilience &Livelihood projects.
- Ensure operational integration with other WV sectors in intervention areas such as Health, education and child protection.
- Work with CSDAs to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from health programme interventions.
Technical support and training
- Identify local level capacity needs and support capacity building activities for WVU staff and partners to improve the quality of resilience &Livelihoods
- Participate in development /adaption of training curriculum/manuals for implementation in the program area
- Mobilization and conducting trainings to build capacities of staff and partners on Resilience &Livelihood models
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Farmer organizations helping in strengthening their organizational and institutional capacities
- Identify technical experts to train partner with in training farmer organizations and and community groups
- Liaise with the National Office technical specialists on staff capacity building in Resilience & Livelihood programming
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Participate and represent WVU in key donor engagements and technical working forums at district, Region and National level when applicable
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with Resilience and Livelihood Cluster programming.
- Work closely with District initiatives through the District Cooperative alliance and Production department Office
Research, Documentation and Evidence building
- Effectively document all information related to project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
- Responsible for capturing child well being indicators related to Resilience and Livelihood projects in the cluster
- Ensure identification of research areas, conduct research and document key learning
- Conduct information needs assessments in sustainable agriculture, value addition and marketing
- Spear head the Cluster Resilience & livelihood output & outcome monitoring processes
- Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of Resilience & Livelihood projects and interventions.
- Identify and initiate viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support Resilience &Livelihood programme interventions.
- Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in BSC Agriculture
- 5 years practical experience in food security programming including Natural resource management. At least three of which must have been involved in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good Training facilitation and coordination skills
- Experience in development of Proposals/concept papers development for fund raising
- Excellent Research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Experience in conducting Needs assessment and report writing
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good team player
- Ability to work with communities
Willingness to stay upcountry
- Job City Rakai