About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
|Position Title:||Risk and Compliance Officer|
|Duty Station:||Ethiopia/Addis Ababa|
|Employment Term:||Indefinite term|
|Reports To:||Risk and Compliance Manager|
|Application Deadline:||December 20, 2019|
You will play a key role in assisting the country program (CP) to monitor the effectiveness of internal controls and comply with CRS policies, local laws, and donor rules and regulations to ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and guidance will contribute to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Perform audits, process reviews, internal control reviews and compliance assessments. Analyze results and draft internal reports.
- Perform special audits/reviews.
- Contribute to/advice on internal control systems improvement and financial compliance.
- Effectively document and write reports on findings and provide recommendations to improve processes and internal controls.
- Assist in closure activities for both internal and external audits; support, monitor and verify audit closure.
- Follow-up implementation of recommendations of internal audits/reviews.
- Design and deliver training on fraud risk assessment, detection, and mitigation to CRS and partner staff.
- Any other relevant duties and tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk & Compliance or related field/a professional accounting qualification – Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)/Certified Public Accountant – (CPA) preferred.
- Additional certifications in the field will be an advantage, e.g. CIA, CFE
- At least 5 years of relevant experience out of which 3 years must be in internal/external auditing.
- Previous experience working with institutional donors (e.g. USAID, EU, UN) preferred.
- Experience in auditing USAID-funded projects/knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of audit standards, Internal control frameworks, the IIA’s ISPPIA, ISAs, IPSAS.
- Skilled in collecting and analyzing data and leading process/performance improvement initiatives.
- Audit & financial/business process review experience.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understands the financial impact of activities.
- Knowledge of CRS policies, procedures, and systems is desirable.
- Strong inter-personal & problem-solving skills.
- Strong written communication skills
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proficient in English, Amharic and Oromiffa languages.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver timely.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.jotform.com/193421005415547 fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, December 20, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by December 20, 2019, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job City Addis Ababa