*Preferred location: Nairobi, Kenya. Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within a jurisdiction (country or U.S. State) where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to partner in completing the goals and objectives of the ERM department by providing oversight, analysis, and management for the WVI whistleblower program. The position will also act to complete and advise on: research, analysis, policy development, report writing, risk management processes, education and capacity building, and communication support of WVI’s ERM programs and related initiatives. The position will also act as a focal point for Regional IPH Teams and Regional Risk Practitioners to provide guidance and assistance in successfully completing investigations, implementing and building stronger risk management programs, and advising others on how to properly analyze risk data, among other tasks.
Enterprise Risk Management:
- Engagement, Communications, Process development, and Learning & Capacity support.
- ERM Framework management and other core document development: Responsible for owning, updating and editing the ERM framework to improve and tailor the organizations’ approach to risk management as it grows in maturity. Position must be knowledgeable to the ISO31000 methodology and able to apply industry standard risk management practices and concepts in the development of department documentation, learning materials, presentations, reports and other key department communications to further the depth of the organizations’ risk management program.
- Responsible for developing and owning partnership-wide communications related to Risk Management. Development and (some delivery) of presentations on risk and incident data. Research and development of text for training materials in coordination with the ERM team.
- Work with the Director to draft, contribute to key high level documents and risk processes such as the risk tolerance/appetite statement process. Guidelines for Boards on Risk Management, Risk management maturity assessment guidelines, and other future key documents and policies.
- Build and develop relationships with Regional Risk primes to help gather and provide feedback on the issues facing successful implementation of their ERM programs. Help escalate key issues to the Director or other stakeholders as necessary. Provide day to day guidance on resources available, professional development guidance, training solutions, and generally troubleshooting various challenges facing our risk practitioners.
Ethics/Whistleblower Program Management:
Manages partnership-wide employee whistleblower reporting program, including:
- Evaluate and analyze new whistleblower reports when received in accordance with industry recommended criteria; conduct and advise on whistleblower investigations; coordinate and lead evaluation by Global IPH committee; ensure investigation by regional IPH teams is done correctly; ensure ultimate accountability on conclusions and follow through by line management
- Regular strategic communications to all staff, reporters, support office partners, and other parties as needed.
- Updates employee facing website in consultation with necessary SME’s (Legal, Data Privacy, etc.) to ensure IPH program complies with latest industry best practices.
- Ensure investigations are conducted qualified personnel and in alignment with policies.
- Act as a champion for the IPH process, engaging stakeholders and participants in the IPH process (i.e. the GCIPH Team).
Risk Management Software Support:
- Together with the Project Manager, act as a subject matter expert in providing support to risk primes and users in use of of the Riskconnect software product.
- Responsible for developing and delivering new reporting and analysis derived from existing and new ERM programs and projects. Examples include comparative analysis of NO risk and incident data. Inclusive reporting to include risk reports from other functions like Financial and IT risk data. Additionally, will own the production of regularly scheduled whistleblower reporting, and in some cases partner with other team members to investigate and produce new forms of reporting for Sr. Management at all levels of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ direct experience working in a Risk Management function or closely related area
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong interpersonal and working relationships in a dispersed international context.
- Experience working in a large international organization and communicating cross-culturally.
- Experience with translating complex technical concepts and simplifying information for mass consumption and usage to a broad international audience.
- Experience with translating data into information and analysis that communicates an easily understood concept or message.
- Ability to learn ERM customized software solutions and provide training/user support/technical guidance as needed.
- Membership in a professional risk management association, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- Experience working in a Risk Management unit in a large international organization.
- Experience working with Ethics or workplace investigations programmes.
- Strong communications and/or technical writing skills.
- Experience and demonstrated success working directly with Executive level stakeholders.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Job City Nairobi