As a member of the regional finance team, the Roving Finance Manager will assume country office or regional finance roles for temporary periods to cover resourcing gaps and to deliver on discrete projects and initiatives so that adequate financial management is sustained and improved. This will include the line management of any appropriate finance and awards staff within the remit of the posting, identifying any capacity gaps and proposing appropriate solutions and capacity building of country office teams.
The role holder will bridge senior country finance staff gaps based on a Terms of Reference (ToR) agreed with Country Finance Director. The role holder will also act as a champion for Save the Children International (SCI) financial policies, standards and procedures, High Performing Organisation (HPO) projects, coaching and mentoring staff and colleagues to ensure a thorough and complete understanding is maintained.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job descriptions and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Accounting or commerce degree and relevant full professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA)
* Minimum of 5 years similar progressive work experience in financial management. Not-for-profit experience an advantage
* An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
* demonstrable ability to adapt to challenging working environments within a developing country context
* demonstrated experience in identifying issues in financial management, applying sustainable solutions, and supporting teams to achieve results
* proven experience in training and capacity building of staff and teams, including coaching and mentoring staff
* Knowledge and use of financial software packages. Agresso experience preferred.
* requirement to undertake travel for approximately 80% of the time (deployments of up to 3 months at a time)
* ability to adapt quickly to a new environment and achieve results with multiple priorities and deadlines
* strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
* highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* demonstrated ability of working with a range of stakeholders
* Ability to focus on strategic finance issues and advise key stakeholders
* commitment to Save the Children values
Contract duration: fixed term of 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Nairobi