The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the sales and marketing for Lilongwe Wildlife Trust’s international placement programme, which offers a portfolio of placements for vets, researchers, students and volunteers in a range of conservation-related disciplines, including wildlife vet medicine, sanctuary work, wildlife research and monitoring and more.
The individual must be highly proactive and driven to succeed, with excellent attention to detail and good customer service skills. The key to this role is being able to match enquiries to the appropriate placement or project by identifying the specific needs and learning goals of each individual. The primary means to achieving this will be through email and phone communication with customers, as well as working closely with LWT’s Research Manager, Head Veterinarian and Operations Manager to establish the best fit for the individual. Excellent communication skills, flexibility and a friendly and personable manner will be key to the success of this role.
Working closely with the communications team will also be an important part of the job, in order to develop and implement targeted marketing strategies and meet sales targets. The post-holder will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with our database of tour operators and other third parties, by providing compelling marketing content, responding to enquiries and making sure placement information held by all partners is accurate and up-to-date.
The successful applicant will be outcomes-driven and able to work to pre-defined targets without constant supervision and without mis-selling inappropriate placements. A critical part of the role will involve managing systems and databases to ensure that key information on contacts, sales and enquiries is kept in a rigorous, accurate and easy-to-access manner.
The main work location will be Lilongwe but trips to the various placement sites may be required from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Act as the first point of contact for all placement enquiries, ensuring a timely and professional response to 100% of messages
- Maintain a close understanding and passion for LWT’s work in order to best represent our brand to our target market
- Liaise with key LWT staff to put together the best placement package for each individual, taking into account both their experience, skills and interests and LWT’s own organisational needs
- Maintain excellent relationships with tour operators and other third parties selling our products to ensure that our placements are marketed in a competitive and accurate manner
- Meet monthly KPIs; exceed monthly sales targets
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on key KPIs upon request
- Populate and maintain sales database in an organised fashion
- Manage booking software
- Conduct exit interviews/surveys with placement participants to identify improvements where necessary
- Work with the communications team to develop and implement marketing strategies for the various placements (including through social media, press etc)
- Experience in the volunteer or tourism sector (minimum one year)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken – English and French (desirable)
- Be extremely organised, capable of juggling multiple tasks to competing deadlines
- Highly motivated and goal-driven, with a proven ability to work independently and take ownership for
- Strong levels of initiative, creativity and problem-solving skills
- High levels of computer literacy – Word, Excel and Access
- Experience managing social media platforms and producing marketing content for social media
- Experience with WordPress web platform
- Experience with design software (Canva, Photoshop etc)
- Experience with photography and/or video capture and editing
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] detailing your relevant experience and why you would be a good fit for the role.
- Job City Lilongwe