Additional Job Description
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill an SBC Senior Technical Advisor- HIV/AIDS & TB in Dar es salaam for its USAID Tulonge Afya Project. The project seeks to improve health status, especially of women and youth, through the promotion of positive health practices in households and communities.
Providing expert technical guidance and inputs behind the project’s strategies, and work plan activities, so as to ensure that the project’s interventions and messages are locally relevant, culturally appropriate, and address the country’s prioritized HIV/AIDS and TB SBCC needs.
- Provide HIV/AIDS & TB technical SBC leadership, guiding the development and implementation of SBC strategies, approaches, messages and activities.
- Working closely with the creative associate oversee and inform the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS and TB SBC interventions supported by the project.
- Generate new ideas and innovations in our approaches and thinking in relation to SBC interventions for HIV prevention, testing, and treatment and TB drawing on good practice and evidence from elsewhere.
- Track and ensure all Tulonge Afya supported Furaha Yangu materials are on budget, reporting discrepancies when these arise
- Work closely with Boresha Afya sister projects and ensure they are involved and engaged in the development of all HIV/AIDS and TB related strategies, messages and activities and participate in the regionalization of supported SBC communication products.
- Foster a strong working relationship with the project’s primary partner the Government of Tanzania, to secure their technical inputs and buy in behind project supported HIV/AIDS and TB SBC strategies, messages and activities. In this regard, act as the project’s focal person for NACP, TACAIDS and NTLP,
- Provide HIV/AIDS and TB technical advice including guidance during the adaptations of regional level SBC strategies, which will include mass media, print, outreach, and orientation activities to partners, local government and organizations.
- Work closely with the senior zonal manager and the SBCC specialist to document and submit quarterly project success stories.
- Represent the USAID Tulonge Afya project during all donor, GoT and implementing partners HIV/AIDS and TB technical meetings and workshops
- Identify and adapt best practice SBC processes, implementation guidelines, job aids and IPC tools.
- Collaborate with the government and USG implementing partners to identify and ensure where feasible their HIV/AIDS and TB SBC needs are being addressed.
- Contribute to quarterly reports, annual reports, and work plans.
- Maintain excellent Government, stakeholder, creative agencies and partner relations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in relevant field (MBA, MPH) in marketing and/or communications or related field and 7-9 years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree and 9-11 years of related experience.
- At least 6 – 7 years’ work experience with a public health, development or marketing organization, of these at least five years should be at management level capacity, leading the development and implementation of BCC/SBC initiatives.
- Expertise and experience in senior capacity working with print, mass media, ICTs and other electronic media required.
- In addition to possessing communication capacity, technical expertise in research analysis and application preferred.
- Knowledge of public health issues in two or more of the following areas strongly preferred; HIV/AID, Family Planning, reproductive health, maternal and child health, Malaria and TB.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Must be Fluent in spoken and written English including Swahili.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences and organizations essential.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office essential
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Dar es Salaam, Tanzania