The main responsibility of the Senior Engineer, Endpoint Systems is to manage and maintain the IRC’s global fleet of workstations. Activities associated with this role include the creation and maintenance of standard software images compatible with all supported devices, software deployment and regular updates, and driving security and acceptable use policy compliance. The senior engineer is responsible for the ongoing vision and strategy for endpoint computing and is expected to maintain knowledge of new technologies and industry trends to ensure that the IRC consistently delivers innovative technology tools to users across all programs.
- Lead projects related to software rollouts, operating system upgrades and workstation management.
- Manage the IRC’s suite of endpoint management tools, such as Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Intune, and additional capabilities provided by Sophos, Microsoft, and others as applicable.
- Work closely with IT on projects and operations related to rolling out applications and devices for the global workforce.
- Work with the information security team to devise efficient and cost-effective ways to support compliance of security and acceptable use policies on IRC devices.
- Communicate and collaborate with the business to understand emerging computing needs and create standards-based repeatable solutions to scale. Advocate for innovative user needs.
- Provision and track endpoint management tools to ensure successful deployment and effective management of devices, software images and applications.
- Use management tools to automate software updates and ensure IRC devices are up to date with operating system and software updates.
- Monitor asset management data and practices to maintain an accurate repository of information related to endpoint assets and assigned users.
- Serve as a point of escalation for the service desk for issues reported on desktop applications and workstations.
- Monitor, audit and enforce IT equipment, software, and operating standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of all relevant technologies and periodically recommend new approaches as appropriate.
Key Working Relationshiops:
- Information Security Team
- Network Operations Team
- Service Desk Support Team
- Business Relationship Management Group
- Vendors and software providers related to endpoints and endpoint management
- Deep knowledge and experience with endpoint technologies; including but not limited to operating systems (Windows 10/11, MacOS), wireless networking, mobile device management (iOS, Android), OS deployment, Microsoft Autopilot, and storage encryption.
- Experience with Windows Server, Azure AD, Office 365.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Windows 10/11, Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Box, Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise, Azure AD, Active Directory including Group Policy management, PowerShell, and VMware.
Preferred experience & skills:
- 5+ years of enterprise technology experience with a focus on endpoint technology.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Adaptability and flexibility for a constantly evolving workplace
- Excellent business and employee customer service skills
- Standard office working environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
- Job City Kenya