Terms of Reference (TOR)
Position: Senior Finance Coordinator
Report to: Finance Manager
Location: 50% MABAN & 50% JUBA, with travel to other RI field offices in South Sudan
The Senior Finance Coordinator is responsible for managing RI’s Finances, supporting field offices by supervising and assisting National Finance Coordinators/Officers in ensuring all financial transactions for the Country Program are accounted for and documented accurately. He/she will assist Finance Manager in ensuring that RI accounting procedures are followed and budgets are adhered to as per the donor and GSO reporting requirements and deadlines are met, cash is controlled and accounted for in a timely manner and in accordance with RI donor and audit requirements. The Senior Finance Coordinator is expected to support smooth project implementation while adhering to the protocols and operating procedures of the organization.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise finance operations to ensure adequate support is provided to field teams, ensure adequate structure and capacity in field offices to provide effective support to programs.
- Proactively identifies and acts upon deficiencies and areas for improvement in the Finance team, providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that capacity is continuously developing.
- In coordination with operational team, supports the tracking and monitoring of procurements and expenditures, office purchasing, inventory, and requisition system.
- Review & Approve transactional data entry in NetSuite financial system.
- Prepare, review and verify monthly financial accounts (Balance Sheet Accounts) of the country office.
- Manage bank relations and ensure positive engagement and service delivery.
Budgeting and Grant management
- Work with the Country finance Manager to ensure that RI grants are implemented based on donor regulations
- Assist Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants review meetings.
- Monitor RI grants and advise program team on the spending to avoid over/under spent of the project
- Reviews budget revision in close coordination with Program Director & Finance Manager when necessary
- Assist country finance Manager to maintain proper records of all budgets.
- Assist in realignment exercises as needed.
- Monitor the program budgets and expenditure in the BVA.
- Conduct review of budgeting and actual expenditures and develop analysis tool to better follow up of over/under spent of the grant.
- Consolidating budget inputs and linking to the donor format for onward review by the country Finance Manager
Donor Reports and proposals
- Assisting the country Finance Manager in the preparation of the budget proposals
- Assist the country Finance Manager in the preparation of timely donor reports as per the donor agreements & contracts.
- Ensure that grants are implemented in compliance with RI and relevant donor regulations
- Train and support program staff on donor compliance, and budget monitoring, and Grants management.
- Periodically visit to all Field Site to check documentation and ensure compliance with donor and RI regulations
- Train and support Finance & Program staff on donor compliance, budget monitoring, and Grants management.
Policy and procedures
- Ensures compliance to RI policies and procedures.
- In coordination with senior management team, coordinates the review and update of country specific SOPs and ensures alignment to RI policies and procedures, accounting standards while maintaining congruence to donor regulations and compliance standards.
- Supervise the use and controls around the NetSuite financial systems.
- Provide training and capacity enhancement to finance teams.
- Ensure adequate internal control is maintained and enforced in the country office finance practices.
- Enforce adequate segregation of duties and counter controls for the field offices to provide adequate oversight of the organization’s assets
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll records financial records.
- Coordinate the monthly payroll processing in good time. Supervise the reconciliation of payroll supporting documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of the accrued payroll accounts.
- Periodically reconciles NetSuite payroll ledgers to SAGE payroll database.
- Understand and adhere to Relief International established policies and procedures for administration, finance, procurement, data management and beneficiary data protection, child protection, Code of Conduct (including Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Harassment) and security management;
- Be flexible and willing to support the team as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management or similar first level degree required. Advanced university degree in Finance, Accounting or certification with professional accounting body – ACCA/CPA preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as finance supervisor / lead position and 3 years with international non–profit agencies. US government funded grants financial and administrative management experience preferred;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Experience managing consortium grants will be an asset;
- The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work independently;
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Job City South Sudan