The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) partners with its clients – developing countries, donor agencies, and private corporations – and assists them in implementing an array of management solutions to ensure that valuable, finite resources are used in the most efficient ways possible. TMG is a global consulting firm providing data-driven and insightful solutions in developing countries. TMG is passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging its expertise in performance measurement and management including learning, to help clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. This includes the use of innovations, cutting-edge technologies and evidence-based decision-making.
TMG is seeking a Senior Learning and Adaptive Management Specialist candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Ethiopia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity.
This anticipated project will assist USAID/Ethiopia with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID Automated Direct System (ADS) 201, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR). This activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness, and emphasizing CLA approaches to ensure that programs are coordinated with others, grounded in a strong evidence base, and iteratively adapted to remain relevant throughout implementation. This position is contingent on TMG being awarded this project.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Ethiopian citizenship will be considered. **
The Senior Learning and Adaptive Management specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Design and/or facilitation of learning events, workshops, strategic dialogues
- Build capacity for adapting to new learning and changes in context through effective approaches
- Conduct assessments, special studies, and analyses in support of learning needs identified by clients
- Presentation of monitoring and evaluation data in a way that is tailored to the learning needs of key stakeholders
- Develop learning plans and/or agendas
- Consultative engagement with USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners around learning needs
- Convene stakeholders across USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners, and host country governments to promote increased dialogue and joint planning and learning
- Facilitation of learning events, reviews, co-design workshops for upcoming implementation activities or projects
- Lead joint discussions to interpret and respond to USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners on data sources for the purpose of improved programming or strategic changes in programming
- Assess capacity of USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners to manage adaptively and identify structural and/or institutional barriers to adaptive management
- Application of management solutions to enable USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners to manage with greater agility
- Scenario planning and context monitoring
- Lead development of adaptive strategies among USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners
- Develop tools and approaches that enable adaptive management
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Use of non-traditional M&E techniques for adaptive management, such as Most Significant Change, Outcome Mapping, Outcome Harvesting
- Advise on M&E approaches that meet different context settings
- Academic experience in a relevant field (e.g. management, international development)
- Ten years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and/or organizational development
- Demonstrated ability to work across and adapt to different cultures internationally
- Demonstrated experience in making data accessible to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated use of non-traditional M&E techniques for adaptive management (e.g. Most Significant Change, Outcome Mapping, Outcome Harvesting, Developmental Evaluation)
- High level of comfort working with senior-level USAID/Ethiopia, national stakeholders, implementing partners staff
- Six years of experience facilitating learning events and/or discussions around evidence
How to Apply
Interested Applicants shall submit application letter and CV clearly indicating the Position through e mail: [email protected] on or before October 30, 2020.
- Job City Ethiopia