The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) partners with its clients – developing countries, donor agencies, and private corporations – and assists them in implementing an array of management solutions to ensure that valuable, finite resources are used in the most efficient ways possible. TMG is a global consulting firm providing data-driven and insightful solutions in developing countries. TMG is passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging its expertise in performance measurement and management including learning, to help clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. This includes the use of innovations, cutting-edge technologies and evidence-based decision-making.
TMG is seeking a Senior Learning and Capacity Building Specialist candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Ethiopia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity.
This anticipated project will assist USAID/Ethiopia with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID Automated Direct System (ADS) 201, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR). This activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness, and emphasizing CLA approaches to ensure that programs are coordinated with others, grounded in a strong evidence base, and iteratively adapted to remain relevant throughout implementation. This position is contingent on TMG being awarded this project.
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in MEL.
- Establish and implement tools for conducting Capacity Assessments and take leadership in implementing Capacity Assessment Plans to build the capacity of USAID/Ethiopia staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring, evaluations, learning and adaptive management.
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID/Ethiopia.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Eight years of proven work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation and institutional capacity building.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building and M&E methodologies and approaches, especially under USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with host country counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in MEL highly encouraged.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants shall submit application letter and CV clearly indicating the Position through e mail: [email protected] on or before October 30, 2020.
- Job City Addis Ababa