The Role: Senior Malaria Advisor
Save the Children is recruiting a Senior Malaria Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded project to Strengthening Integrated Health Services Activity (SIHSA) in Sierra Leone. This project will improve the quality of family planning, maternal newborn child and adolescent health, and malaria services; promote adoption of crucial health behaviors; and strengthen the stewardship and governance of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, both at central and district levels.
The Senior Malaria Advisor will report to the Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party (TD/DCOP) and ensures technical implementation of high-impact, proven interventions that meet stated goals and reporting requirements. The postholder will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team and partners, help to plan and design a comprehensive malaria control program. In addition, the postholder will manage the implementation of key program activities throughout the targeted districts, oversee the work of technical staff, and ensure efficient technical and operational support for the project team. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding. Female are strongly encouraged to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Global Health, Public Health, or International Development or a Medical Degree is ideal; Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of seven years of direct experience implementing malaria prevention and treatment programs internationally, preferably in Sierra Leone or other West African countries.
- Proven technical skills in program design, supervision, monitoring, evaluation, and research skills.
- Background in malaria prevention and treatment programs is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, multi-intervention health development programs in collaboration with national health ministries, international partners, and local governorates.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and coordinate partners around selected malaria intervention approaches and indicators.
- Commitment to producing high-quality project deliverables on time as well as within a highly time-sensitive environment.
- Prior experience and knowledge of USAID regulations and requirements.
- The ability to foster teamwork and to work as a team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience interacting with US government agencies, host country governments, and other global and national stakeholders.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Closing date: 12th October, 2022.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance for dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and an up-to-date CV as a single document with details of your salary expectations.
- Candidates should know that Save the Children is no longer using for job advertisements and therefore candidates should apply through the link that will be provided by Careers. sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Job City Sierra Leone