THE ROLE: Senior Procurement Manager
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced, energetic and hard-working woman and man to serve as Procurement Manager that will managed the Procurement of programmatic and non-programmatic goods and services for the Sierra Leone Country Office. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application!
The Country Office Procurement Manager will be responsible to ensures that all our goods and services are procured in accordance with the timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SCI’s systems, policies and procedures, and to support our programmes to deliver outstanding results for children. S/he will work to ensures that “value for money” is achieved through competitive and transparent Procurement processes. The postholder will provide technical and strategic support to our national/ area/ field offices to increase Procurement capacity and to achieve the operational goals of the Country Supply Chain team.
Preferred MA/MSc/BA/BSc/BEng/MEng in management; Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering or related fields and/ or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent Experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven and significant experience in Procurement and contract management, including an ability to review Procurement demands and trends, and to develop Procurement strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in logistics or Procurement, with in depth experience vis-à-vis the entire Procurement lifecycle.
- Sector experience in NGO/UN system is preferred but strong commercial sector candidate with a demonstrable interest and passion of the NGO sector will be considered.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, developing Category Strategies and running complex tenders.
- Strong experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property etc.).
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Desirable: Procurement systems experience
CONTRACT LENGTH: I Year with possibility of extension
Closing Date: 14th December, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your salary expectations for the role.
- Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Job City Sierra Leone