Job Title: Senior Programme Officer (SPO) – Competence Centre
Job location: Kampala
Reports to: Regional Director
1) Tasks and Responsibilities
- Detailed planning and management of the Competence Centre Pilot Project
- Develop data model and data collection system
- Collect data from project partners in the North and Karamoja with support of data collectors regarding:
Technical non-medical installations e.g. treatment wetlands, solar systems, WASH components and like (industry standards, documentation, manuals, condition, etc.)
Technical personnel (base data, qualifications, skills, trainings attended, etc.)
- Analyse the data gathered and identify gaps together with the team
- Define activities needed and develop a road map for the following three years (2020-2022)
- Manage stakeholders
- Project Reporting, Monitoring and Controlling
- Develop proposal for the following three years (2020-2022)
The SPO will be employed by HORIZONT3000 East Africa in Kampala, Uganda with frequent travelling to the North, Westnile and Karamoja.
University Degree in Business Administration, Project Management or Engineering and at least five years’ experience in a comparable position preferably in an NGO in the field of development cooperation.
4) Skills and Competences
- Solid, professional project management skills (at least 5 years of experience)
- Self-driven personality who can work under minimal supervision and deliver results in time and in budget
- Good team player and project team leader (line vs. project management)
- Entrepreneurial thinker
- Excellent communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced data management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to experiment
- Willingness to travel a lot in Northern Uganda and Karamoja
- Language skills of languages of Northern Uganda and/or Karamoja are an added advantage
- Technical know-how in the areas of WASH, electrical engineering or IT are an added advantage
- Willingness to work outside normal hours when required
- Attention to detail, orderliness, integrity and interest in technical engineering fields
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in usage of web based data bases and data processing skills
5) Terms of service
The Senior Programme Officer forms part of the team at the Regional Office East Africa in Kampala. After a probation period of six months the contract will be for a year renewable subject to performance.
Remuneration based on experience and qualifications between three and five Million UGX gross per month.
6) About HORIZONT3000
HORIZONT3000 specialises in the assistance, coordination and monitoring of projects and programmes as well as in the provision of technical experts in countries of the global south. In 2017, the organisation assisted around 150 projects (through funding and experts) in 14 countries in Africa, Latin America and Oceania. Thematically, HORIZONT3000 focuses on three sectors: Civil Society and Human Rights, Rural Development and Natural Resources Management, and Education. Gender and Environmental Protection are cross-cutting issues.
HORIZONT3000 aims at targeting the most vulnerable population groups, such as smallholders, women, children and youth, human rights groups as well as indigenous population. Through its presence in the regional and country offices, HORIZONT3000 cooperates and engages through an open and constructive dialogue with local partner organisations and beneficiaries guaranteeing a participatory approach and ensuring relevance and sustainability. All projects and programmes are developed upon request and in cooperation with the partners.
HORIZONT3000 considers capacity development as core methodology of its work. It is conceived as the expansion of the capacities of people, organisations and societies on various levels. Supporting the development of human, organisational or institutional resources to sustainably empower our local partner organizations is complemented by our knowledge management programme as a second methodological pillar. For a pilot phase for the Competence Centre with our Member Organisation DKA and our partner hospitals in the North and Karamoja, the HORIZONT3000 Regional Office Kampala office is looking for a qualified SeniorProgramme Officer.
Send your typed application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic certificates and references by email to: [email protected] until 25th of June 2019.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
For further information check the HORIZONT3000 East Africa website: http://www.horizont3000.at/east-africa
- Job City Kampala