We seek qualified candidates for the position of Service Delivery and Gender-based Violence (GBV) Advisor to support the upcoming USAID-funded Women’s Empowerment Activity based in Egypt. This activity aims to assist the Government of Egypt’s efforts to promote women economic empowerment, combat gender-based violence and trafficking in persons, including combating the sexual exploitation of girls in the form of early child and seasonal marriages. This activity will expand services for victims of GBV and trafficking; policy and legal framework support efforts, and community awareness-raising activities to reduce public acceptance of early child and seasonal marriages.
The Service Delivery and GBV Advisor will support and advise the Chief of Party (COP) and other project staff on Objective 3 (Strengthen Referral Mechanisms and Service Provision Platforms) activities that contribute to greater access to improved protection services and foster economic opportunities for victims of GBV who participate in supported protection services. The Service Delivery and GBV Advisor will provide subject matter and technical expertise to ensure the successful implementation of Objective 3. They will be responsible for activities and technical assistance related to strengthening national and local level referral mechanisms with associated service provisions for GBV victims and survivors (and families as appropriate) that expands upon referral mechanisms currently mandated by law and/or policy. The Service Delivery and GBV Advisor will develop and execute the work plans for activities under Objective 3, as well as coordinate closely with the other objective leads to ensure successful coordination and efficient use of resources. Tracking of all activities will allow for timely and accurate reporting of deliverables, milestones, results, and indicators.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of project activities under Objective 3 related to referral mechanisms and service provision, including health care provision, psychosocial support, socioeconomic development, and legal counsel for GBV survivors, dedicated programming for adolescent girls, and prevention of violence against women and girls through social norms and behavior change;
- Develop, update, and execute detailed annual work plans for all activities under Objective 3;
- Plan and define the scope for short-term technical assistance (STTA) resources as needed;
- Serve as subject matter and technical expert and advise COP;
- Develop recommendations and strategies toward establishing referral mechanisms and service provision plan to help achieve key activity goals, integrating with other engagement and capacity building strategies as needed;
- Lead the integration of gender transformative lens in creation of annual workplans and participate in the monitoring of workplans against indicators;
- Lead the development or adaptation of programming tools around GBV prevention and GBV response/services;
- Provide active technical support and guidance to public and private sector entities in line with activity goals and objectives.
- Supervise staff and provide GBV related capacity building and support as needed;
- Collaboratively develop responsive, realistic and high-quality plans to build the capacity of staff and local partners on GBV and gender transformative programming;
- Master’s degree in gender/women’s studies, social work, sociology, international development, or relevant fields;
- 8 + years of professional work experience in programmatic and technical experience in gender, social work, or public health, including experience with GBV programming (i.e. training, designing curricula/manuals, evaluation/research, and/or program design);
- Minimum five (5) years of successful experience planning, implementing and monitoring of gender programing to prevent GBV or promote gender equity;
- Experience facilitating GBV focused gender trainings and workshops;
- Proven ability serving in an advisory and liaison capacity between the public and private sector;
- Familiarity with USAID/US Government-funded programming, rules and regulations required;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Demonstrated ability to lead/manage a diverse team of professionals on activities of similar scale maintaining the ability to work well with others and to develop and preserve compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team on activities of similar scale;
- Proven human resource management skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service;
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic required.
Availability of this position/employment is contingent upon the award of the Women’s Empowerment Activity to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Egypt