Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving health services and products to people’s doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well-baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also transform community health through mobile phones. We teach community health workers how to assess maternal and child health with mobile phone apps and to treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, and diarrhea. We also create predictive algorithms to make the best use of their time. And we test new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Living Goods.
- Join engineering team tasked with continuous development of the Living Goods platform producing clean and efficient code.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Work with QA engineers to Perform validation and verification testing
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Contribute to design, development, and maintenance of features on the Living Goods platform, including new feature development, review and fixing bugs, code review and scalability testing.
- Report in daily scrums on milestones, progress towards tasks, barriers needing attention, etc. Log all development activities inside LG task management system.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Manage Project Technical Configuration: Work independently and partner with project managers to write technical scope of work.
- Be available to other teammates who may be building other systems, to maintain best practices and quality.
- Post Deployment Product Support: Support end users and stakeholders (internal and external) on any arising technology issues/bugs working alongside tech support team to resolve or escalate to other tech teams and follow up to resolution.
- Degree in Software development, IT, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience of developing, deploying, and maintaining production grade web applications.
- Have a good understanding of NoSQL databases
- Proven experience working with AngularJS
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining highly scalable Node.js, Java and Python microservices
- Working knowledge of TDD
- Experience of AWS, SVN, GIT and Continuous Integration
- Understanding of concepts like MVC/MVP, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful APIs.
- Are productive in a UNIX-like environment: you can script your way-out trouble.
- Experience working with OpenSRP and OpenMRS will be an added advantage
- Enjoy working closely with and learning from designers to iterate upon solutions and solve problems together.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring a small team of developers
- Perfectionism: knowing how it should be done and not stop until it’s done right.
- Can communicate effectively in English over video and text chats as part of a results-focused distributed team.
- Ability to forge ahead and independently, demonstrate effective collaboration with teams across different functions.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
- Job City Nairobi