RE-ADVERTISEMENT: SOLUTIONS DEVELOPER (BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE)
Working with members of the global IT team, the role holder will be responsible for building, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) solutions within the organisation. This role will partner with business stakeholders in order to understand their analytic requirements, and implement and maintain BI solutions to meet these needs, utilising best practices. The role requires experience in adapting existing solutions as well as creating new solutions.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provide the organisation with accurate and timely BI solutions based on requirements gathered through business partnering activities
- Maintain and support existing BI solutions
- Proactively source new and innovative solutions that provide clear business value and construct ‘proof of concepts’ to demonstrate the new solutions
- Proactively identify any technical project risks/issues related to BI
- Estimate and deliver BI project tasks to agreed prioritisation and timeframes
- Support the IT Service Delivery team with the BI reporting environment
- Assist product owners in designing, agreeing, implementing and managing changes to the BI environment
- Maintain accurate technical documentation
- Communicate data and insights
Contract Duration: Permanent
Number of Vacancies: 5
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working with SQL Server databases, including creating & modifying T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, writing ad-hoc queries and dynamic SQL
- Proven understanding of Data Modelling and Analytics
- Experience of working with Microsoft’s BI technology stack SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (tabular model), Power BI, DAX, Power Query, Excel.
- Experience of working closely with non-technical staff, demonstrating an ability to translate and negotiate non-technical requirements into a detailed technical specification
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical ideas and problems clearly to non-experts
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strong problem solving skills
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience maintaining source control in Git
- Strong experience with various Software Development Life cycles (SDLC) methodologies: Agile or Standard waterfall initiatives
- Proven experience working with various Project Management practices and disciplines
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to augment a close working relationship with cross functional teams
- A history of designing and implementing reporting solutions that are both functional and engaging
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
- Experience building data analytics solutions using Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, HD Insight.
- Proficiency in Python/Scala/Spark SQL
- CRM/ERP knowledge
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment and with offshore project team members
- Stream Analytics
- Event Hubs
- Cosmos DB
- Machine Learning
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
- Job City Kenya