Fixed term | 6 months | January 2022
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
The Area Logistics Officer assist the Area Logistics Manager for supply chain management intended to program implementation in the area, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets & communication management. S/He should ensure compliance of all logistics operations under his/her responsibility with ACTED logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics staff in the area. The Area Logistics Officer may also replace the ALM in his/her absence.
Contribute to timely, cost efficient & transparent supply chain management in the area:
- Stocks & deliveries
Contribute to ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent transversal logistical management in the area:
- Fleet & transportation management
- Fuel management
- Asset management
- Premises management
- Communications & IT management
Ensure compliance to ACTED & donors’ procedures in all logistics operations under his/her responsibility and actively promote logistics procedures
Contribute to the implementation safety & security guidelines, SOP & plans
Contribute to logistics staff capacity building
Expected skills and qualifications
- BA or MA Degree in Logistics
- 2 years of prior experience in Logistics
- The ability and prior experience in project management including Human resources, logistics follow up, reporting,
- Proven ability in strategic coordination with multiple and multilevel partners and stakeholders across the project areas
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (resume & cover letter) to [email protected] Ref: ALO/SSD
- Job City Maban