Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead
Locations: Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks State Team Leads for offices in Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara States for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 01 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Zamfara States.
The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and support the Chief of Party with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations, as well as by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home office staff
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic controls for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Scale evidence-informed combination prevention
- Integrate data from legacy systems into a central data system to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery
- Oversee and monitor site-level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, public health, epidemiology, or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience working as a manager in public health programs in a developing country
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in components of HIV/AIDS programming, as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS)
- Proven experience analyzing data and leading service scale-up
- Proven experience utilizing data to increase efficiency and streamline programs
- Experience with USAID projects and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Candidates currently residing in the states of Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Job City Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi , Zamfara