Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Kroskawa LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sterilization Technician
Location: Monguno – Borno State
Open to: Nigeria Nationals Only (Male/Female)
Contract Start Date: 2nd October, 2020
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possible extension)
- Under the direct supervision of Health Supervisor, the sterilization technician is carrying out sterilization of medical equipment, instrument and surfaces, according to PUI protocols and procedures and (international) hygiene standards, in order to ensure an efficient quality of care and safe environment, in collaboration with other team members.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Sterilization Of Medical Equipment:
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in PUI facilities through sterilization of equipment
- Ensure availability of sterilized instruments and material in every department
- Take medical devices used from different department to the sterilization room
- Organize and pack all instruments according to the sets and labeling them correctly
- Sterilizing all instruments according to PUI protocol
- Monitoring the efficiency of the sterilization cycle taking note at register
- Deliver the instruments to different wards or departments
- Preform inventory of equipment and materials
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols
- Report any repair or maintenance work needed relating to sterilization to the supervisor
- Inform the supervisor in case of any missing/damaged/expired item
- Submit sterilization equipment order to the supervisor on a requested basis
Communication & Reporting:
- Adhere to supervisor with regards to work schedules, record keeping, patient communications, re-stocking of necessary drugs, consumables and other items
- Participate in appropriate trainings provided by Première Urgence Internationale
- Participate actively in meetings when required
- Remain aware of the security situation in office and clinic locations at all times and provide feedback to the health program manager
- Education degree: Minimum of Secondary School education
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English and good knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Work experience: Sufficient experience at the same position – at least 6 months experience as sterilization technician. Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good knowledge about hygiene standard procedures
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief and interest in social issues
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Behavioral flexibility
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
- Job City Borno State