INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person for the position of Store Keeper 2 (12 months fixed term contract), based in Shire.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when essential
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and checks incoming goods and medical items against the delivery note and reports any issues.
- Ensures that goods and medical items are properly stored, picked, packed and loaded and reports any issues.
- Ensures that all the stored goods and medical items are properly labelled (expiry dates, batch numbers, manufacturer, etc.) and recording temperatures as per the SoP.
- Weighs and tallies goods and medical items during loading and unloading.
- Updates bin cards and stock cards when supervising an inventory transaction.
- Participates in all inventory counts.
- Keeps the facility’s equipment and materials neat, clean and orderly and reports any issues.
- Where required, ensures that temperatures are properly recorded.
- Operates all the necessary tasks and activities related to the job in IRIS all the time and as per the instructions given.
- Operates all the necessary tasks in relation to storing quarantined medical items and their proper disposal operations.
- Appraises and supervises assigned storekeeper 1 and manual employees/loader(s)
- Executes all the duties and responsibilities of storekeeper 1 during her/his absence.
Warehousing and Dispatching
- Ensures proper storing of items according to ICRC requirements & SoPs.
- Fully operates in the warehouse and responsible for all storekeeping activities.
- Fully operates printing pick-slips, picking, packing, labelling and dispatching of items, printing bin cards and labelling for new arrival items etc.
- Creates entry form/reception for newly arrived items whenever required.
- Ensures arrangement of the shelving of items as per their appropriate locations
- Ensures FIFO stock rotation or follows FEFO.
- Monitors monthly expiry dates and submit LCM a list of items with a short shelf life
- Ensures that cold chain is maintained during transport when necessary
- Ensures that storage and transport of medical goods complies with pharmaceutical laws and regulations in the country
- Masters logistics tools (JDE, IRIS, CDP tools, TABLEAU KPIs,) and ensures proper dissemination towards the concerned teams ensures compliance with ICRC financial and logistical procedures.
- Prioritizes the warehouse and dispatch daily work in collaboration with LSM.
- Checks conformity of the received goods with the PO/Waybill.
- Ensures that batch tracing is possible and inspects samples of all batches of arriving goods supply and performs a physical quality control (kind of good, quantity, packaging, shelf life, labeling etc.)
- Organizes return or exchange of rejected goods
- Follows-up any claim reports from the field concerning quality with the respective supplier and maintaining a file with all claims
Reporting / Statistics
- Issues claim report for missing items and losses/damages
- Provides information and data for compilation of the monthly statistics/report
- Maintains adequate filling and archives
- Ensures that back up of electronic files are done on a regular basis
- Briefs and trains new storekeeper 1 and manual employees/loader(s)
- Represents the ICRC towards the authorities in all matters concerning warehouse related issues in collaboration with assigned field team leader or field officer.
- Obtains information on any new laws and regulations concerning warehouse operations
- Develops and maintain a good working atmosphere and proposes points to be improved for future
- Ensures respect of internal procedures and weekly backup of all essential computer files
- Register and liaise with LSM for proper disposal of expired and damaged medical goods as per the country and ICRC rules and regulation.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Should accept any duties and responsibilities given in relation to medical operations/activities not specified here.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for his/her own professional learning and development
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
- Reports events and changes that could have an impact on ICRC’s activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities.
- College or University diploma in warehousing/stock/supply Management.
- College diploma in pharmacy or knowledge on pharmaceutical (medical items) is an asset.
- training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience is an asset
- Minimum two years’ experience in storekeeping.
- Good command of English, Amharic and Tigrigna.
- Computer literacy (Word, excel and others), mandatory
- Team-management experience an asset.
- Driving license (3rd grade) and should pass ICRC internal driving test.
How to Apply
You can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents at reception of Shire based “Afrika” Hotel OR to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Mekele OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: April 18, 2021
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.
- Job City Shire, Tigray