Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
In Ethiopia, Plan has more than 25 years of experience in implementing its programme. Currently PIE mainly operates in seven geographical areas; Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Addis Ababa City Administration on different projects funded by different donors including sponsorship.
Plan International Ethiopia’s main purpose is to seek Gender Justice for Girls, Adolescent Girls, and Young Women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls, adolescent girls, and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIE will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly 2.1 million Girls, Adolescent Girls and Young Women over the period of the strategy 2020-2024 and to reach an additional 6.3 million beneficiaries through its interventions.
The position holder will be responsible to perform all warehouse operations activities including receipt, storage, control and issuance of supplies and equipment; receives deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of fixed assets records property of the PA. The post holder is also responsible for storing, releasing, compiles records of the supply in construction and other program activities.
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Store Administration (40%)
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing deliveries of requested materials.
- Receive store, tag and track surplus property; prepares inventory lists for items to be disposed.
- Receive and store documents; maintains record of approved basic store documents.
- Handle and documents storage and transportation of food items.
- Maintain the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Ensure questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property.
- Receive and properly stock any purchased and supplied items in a way that suits proper material management.
- Update the stock records timely, and prepare issue vouchers & submit timely to Logistics Coordinator while issuing of items is made.
- Ensure that storage areas, facilities and equipment’s meet the minimum requirements and standards
Daily Issues of Stocks to Concerned (40%)
- Control incoming supplies by checking brand, quality and quantity of good received against the actual order. Follow PIE’s receiving procedures strictly while receiving the deliveries. Reject any unacceptable food or products and inform immediate supervisor accordingly.
- Store perishable items immediately upon delivery and all other items as soon as possible.
- Ensure the accuracy of data inputs while using computer software for stores management.
- Advise logistics coordinator about slow moving/non-moving items, excess stock and potential spoilage.
- Keep store keys at safe places after closing hours.
- Ensure all store transactions are carried out in compliance with the store and fixed assets guidelines
Maintain Daily Stock Records (20%)
- Ensure that all accidents, fire, loss, theft and damages are reported to Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure proper usage and maintenance of all equipment in stores.
- Ensure that procedures, instructions and policies given by the Logistics Coordinator and Program Area Manager are clearly understood and implemented and monitored in the area of responsibility.
- Inspect, receive and keep all materials and inputs supplied to the office, and issuing GRN after recording all the necessary records.
- Keep and update all the necessary records for items supplied to the PA.
- Record and issue GRN for all items supplied to store, and issues materials issue vouchers for all items taken out by properly recording & maintenance of all the required information and signatories.
- Distribute timely completed regular store vouchers to logistics coordinator, and properly maintain completed pads of any GRN and Issue vouchers.
Leadership and BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
- Setting high standards for self and others’ behaviour, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Holding self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
- Creating a positive team spirit, helping the coordinators work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what the team does.
- Collaborating with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivating and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
- Positive about change and supporting others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organising, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education at BA Degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies Management and/or other related discipline.
- 3 years of relevant work experience, involving in the supply management of both emergency and development programs.
- Demonstrable experience in the supply management of both emergency and development programs
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
Type of Role:
Closing Date: 29 May 2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
- Job City Hawassa