Strategic Partnership Advisor – Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire Recruitment’s notice
Save the Children and its partners in Côte d’Ivoire aim to be known nationally for our rich and innovative partnerships, supporting evidence-based, quality programs, as well as high standards within accountability and governance.
The objectives of this role is to:
- Support the development of long-term strategic partnerships
- Improve capacity strengthening component of partnerships
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning structures together with partners
- Increase partners’ participation in Save the Children’s strategy development and program design
- Ensure that Save the Children has appropriate resources, technical skills and structures to support the partnership framework
The role is a key position working together with stakeholders and partners across the country program to coordinate, monitor and support the successful implementation of the Partnership Framework.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5-7 years’ work experience with an international or national development organization, with focus on partnership management
- Experience with supporting organizational capacity strengthening processes
- Extensive knowledge of and credibility with local and national NGO partners.
- Knowledge about core elements of approach to work in partnerships.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance and long-term development work in order to communicate effectively with partners
- A full understanding of development issues of Côte d’ivoire and national development plans, funding schemes and donor lanscape
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good influencing skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy.
- Specific knowledge of partnership management in international development
- Demonstrated proficiency in French and English (verbal and written) with good ability to produce good quality documents, information for a variety of audiences and communicate good practices.
- Knowledge and expertise in local context.
- Good working knowledge of and experience in using inter-agency standards and guidelines in partnership management
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, the aims and principles of Save the Children, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both following and supporting others.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and inspire others.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Good analytical skills
- Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Contract length: 1-year renewable (subject to performance and funding)
We employ around 25,000 people worldwide and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises or those in need of better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest level, to realize children’s rights and to make their voices heard
We are working on three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children have a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We understand that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, as well as a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity and integrity are highly valued
Closing Date: 10/07/2022
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in a single document, also mentioning your current salary and your salary expectations for this position. A full version of the job description can be found below
We must ensure the safety of children through our selection processes, which reflect our commitment to child protection and include rigorous background checks
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged
Candidates are informed that Save the Children International does not request any payment or fees during the entire recruitment process. Any such request must be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Job City Cote d'ivoire