Program description: This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It involves conducting research and program support for activities related to malaria, HIV and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the project (IMPROVE) has the following vacancy
LOCATION: Homa Bay
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: · Diploma in Nursing / Kenya registered community health nursing · Minimum experience of 2-3 years of direct patient contact in a hospital setting · Minimum experience of 1 year in a maternal and child health clinic and/or maternity unit/ paediatric unit. · Must live near the study clinic · Be registered with the relevant professional body · GCP training
- Previous experience in a maternal health or paediatric study or program
- Experience in clinical trials
- Demonstrate computer literacy – Ms Word, Excel Spreadsheet and outlook
- Direct clinical care of infants is an added advantage.
- Excellent nursing and communication skills
- Ability to work well with the public, in a team and able to collaborate well with counterparts
- Fluency of DhoLuo will be an added advantage
Position description: study nurse will report to the site supervisor and will carry out clinical/ nursing duties and data collection for the clinical trial. The study will be conducted in PROSYNK study site- Homabay county referral hospital.
Specific Duties and responsibilities:
- Recruitment and consenting of potential study participants
- Aid in laboratory sample collection and processing
- Taking vital signs and Patient care in MCH clinic and maternity post-natal ward and paediatric ward
- Dispensing non study medication to study participants
- To accurately and completely fill out all study forms
- To Conduct post dose observation of dosed study participants
- Keep records and check source documents for completeness and accuracy each day.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the study, procedures, design and goals
- Respond to questions about the study posed by participants and others.
- Report problems encountered at work to the clinical supervisor.
- Must be flexible to work within the existing structure
- Any other related duties as assigned from time to time by your immediate supervisor
Terms of Employment:
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service.
Probation period for the first three (3) months.
Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts. Applications
Method of Application
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (indicate vacancy number)
- Current Resume or CV, with names and contact information
- 3 names of referees included in the CV or 3 letters of reference
- Copies of Certificates or transcripts
- Copies of KEMRI approved GCP certificate (CITI, FHI 360, NIH)
Applications should be addressed to the Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578 – 40100, Kisumu to reach him not later than March 26, 2020
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Homa Bay