Pact seeks an experienced, Subcontracts Manager to support the recently awarded, five year, $120 million USAID Zambia Integrated HIV and Health Activity (ZIH) contract. ZIH will support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95, and provide service delivery and technical assistance to improve MNCH and FP/RH services. ZIH will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to Zambians.
The Subcontract Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of subcontractors and vendors to achieve activity goals in compliance with the prime and subcontract requirements. He/She will provide overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of subcontracts, from inception to close-out. He/She will supervise all contract functions and ensure the highest level of integrity in the management of the subcontracts, including proper adherence to Pact and USAID policies and procedures.
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
- Oversee all subcontract activity, including the subcontract competition cycle: solicitation, review, execution, implementation management, monitoring, communication, and closeout.
- Managing one senior subcontracts officer, lead the preparation, organization, and maintenance of subcontract records and files in Pact’s systems including the online subcontract database.
- Collaborate closely with the Project Finance Management and Operation Director, other project staff, and DC Grants and Contracts staff to ensure compliance with USAID requirements.
- Design and manage a subcontract tracking system to ensure the timely and compliant execution of all subcontracts.
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure subcontractors meet subcontract requirements.
- Direct the development of subcontracts, as well as the evaluation and selection process.
- Take initiative and provide creative solutions to complex contractual/compliance problems, working with Pact team members on project issues.
- Ensure the subcontracting processes comply with all USAID regulations and Pact policies, practices, and regulations.
- Provide training on subcontracts management policies as needed.
- Guide and advise subcontractors on the interpretation of subcontract terms and conditions and USAID rules and regulations.
- Monitor subcontractor financial and compliance performance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including 1 year of management experience.
- Other local education and experience: relevant experience includes experience managing subcontracts under USAID prime contracts
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and thorough understanding of non-profit accounting principles and subcontract management.
- Experience working on awards that support digital development.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent record of successfully establishing and managing subcontracts for large and complex USAID-funded programs.
- Expertise in USAID regs and regulations, specifically FAR, USAID, and 22 CFR 228. Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
- Job City Zambia