The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Supply Chain Associate – G6
- This job is found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate.
- At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
- To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and in close coordination with Finance and IT/SCOPE, the SC/Logistics Assistant – Retailer Invoice Processing will be responsible for the following duties:
- Checking & forwarding to Finance unit all invoices received from Sub Offices:
- SES created by Sub Office.
- Proforma Invoices signed by the required parties.
- GRN stamps in each invoice.
- Invoices tracked in Invoice Tracking System (ITS)
- Invoices verified and approved in SCOPE
- Record all invoices in the tracking register.
- Process & properly file the Dispute pro-forma invoices & NFRs, in accordance with the approved Reconciliation and Payment SOP.
- Reconcile the distribution with SCOPE and forward to Finance, who are responsible for the Bank Reconciliation, Report and bring discrepancies immediately to the attention of the Cash Team Leader.
- Assist in the implementation of Supply Chain risk mitigation actions in the approved Risk Matrix as required;
- Attend to Retailer Complaints related to payments:
- Feedback issued to the retailer within 24hrs of receiving the complaint.
- Filing the signed complaint form once issue is resolved.
- Monitor POCB consumption in WINGS / updating the tracking tool daily.
- Monitor all the active interventions every FRIDAY MORNING to ensure that settlements have been created. Update Procurement unit on the status of the ‘Downloaded Invoices’.
- Monitor the weekly invoice tracking system and follow up with Finance to ensure that all invoices are reimbursed on time.
- Monitoring the ITS and following up with sub offices to ensure that all ACTIVE and MOVING invoices are processed on time.
- Ensuring that invoices in SCOPE are verified and approved for all interventions under your jurisdiction.
- Any other responsibilities assigned.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Supply Chain Management and Optimization:
- Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt:
- Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
Information Management & Reporting:
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution:
- Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
Warehouse and Inventory Management:
- Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination:
- Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: University Degree/Diploma in Public or Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Statistics, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Experience: At least 5 years of practical commercial/professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large scale road/rail transport, distribution management and logistics finance management.
- Language: Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- MS Office: Good working knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel and Word
Desired Experience for Entry into the Role:
- Punctual, motivated and detail-orientated
- Experience in accounting, (logistics) invoice processing, invoice tracking
- Computer literate
- Familiarity with SAP a plus
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a high-pressure and fast-paced department in which often involves rapid change
Terms and Conditions
- Quaified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be made on line only and in English.
- Only Nigerian national or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Job City Borno, Yobe