TackleAfrica www.tackleafrica.org is looking for a consultant to produce an end of
project external evaluation for a two-year sexual health through football coaching project. The
expected time input is 12 days, five of which will be in Kampala and Hoima, Uganda in
September 2019 conducting primary research, with all travel expenses while on location paid
for by TackleAfrica.
The project aimed to increase the uptake of HIV Testing and Counselling services directly amongst 1,600 adolescent men and women and indirectly amongst 4,800 of their peers, relatives and fellow community members. The project aimed to also increase HIV prevention knowledge, and challenge the young people on the project to make safer sexual decisions.
The evaluation has four objectives:
· To independently verify the project’s record of achievement as reported through its Annual and Midterm Reports
· To assess the project’s level of achievement against the four outcomes
· To evaluate value for money
· To produce a report that can be published in journals and other reputable platforms
The evaluator will use the following data sources:
- Background materials including the Project proposal, start-up form, annual reports, midterm reports and any other supplementary materials.
- The project’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data, including the baseline and endline quantitative surveys, the qualitative focus group discussion data and the end of project questionnaires that will be provided
- Interviews with the project team, staff from TackleAfrica’s partner organisations, the coaches, head teachers, parents and players
Full TORs provided to the successful candidate.
- Job City Kampala, Hoima