The TB/HIV Technical Advisor will work closely with the National Ministry of health HIV/AIDS department and the national TB program (NTP) and other key stakeholders to implement, coordinate and deliver effective HIV/TB collaborative services. He/she will be technical resource person steering planning and implementation of TB/HIV collaborative activities at national, regional and health facility level.
The TB/HIV Technical Advisor will undertake below responsiblities at both national and at the level of facilities:
- Provide technical assistance (TA) for joint TB and HIV program planning, review of strategic documents, development of guidlines and standard operating procedures.
- Review and update TB/HIV guidelines, job aids and patient communication materials.
- Review and update national TB/HIV recordings and reporting tools.
- Provide TA for development of TB/HIV trining materials, job aids.
- Ensure monthly meetings of TB/HIV technical working group.
- Support the coordination of TB/HIV key stakeholders including regular TWG meetings to monitor and review implementation of TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Support the quarterly review of performance on TB program indicators with focus on case finding and TB treatment outcomes.
- Provide TA for quantification and stock monitoring of TB/HIV commodities such as INH, test kits, GeneXpert supplies, and cotrimoxazole.
- Compile national reports on TB/HIV indicators and share with stakeholders for action on performance gaps.
- Review and update TB case finding tools
- Ensure national use of TB case finding tools and algorithms in all health facilities around the country including outpatient departments, maternal, child health clinics etc.
- Support training of health care workers in intensified TB case finding.
- Provide TA for review and updating of patient and sample referral SOPs and referral tools for TB and HIV
Lead identification/assignment of TB infection control champions in all health facilities. Provide trainings and tools for TB infection control in health facilities.
- Review and update guidelines, SOPs, job aids, training materials for TB preventive Therapy.
- Conduct trainings on thematic areas relevant to TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Conduct joint onsite mentoring support for TB/HIV integration at facility level.
Skills and Experiance
- MD with post-graduate training in public health
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting implementation of public health programs preferably focusing on TB/HIV.
- Experience in facilitating trainings, develop;11ent of guidelines and curriculum.
- Experience in writing reports including publications.
- Advanced proficiency in the English language and Arabic/ Arabi juba is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office computer packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point) and basic skills in statistical software (SPSS, stata or epinfo).
- Willingness to travel and perform additional tasks as required.
- Courses in communication techniques such as graphic design, visual language and in the use of mobile technology and social media in behavior change campaigns.
- Must be a South Sudanese National. A copy of national id or passport should be attached to the CV.
- Job City Juba