AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organisation, was established in 2010. The Organisations mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts).
AQUITY Innovations seeks to appoint TB Quality Improvement Advisor to be based in Mpumalanga.
The purpose of the QI advisor is to be deployed as an embedded officer in the district and in that capacity, will provide close support to the team. The QI Advisor should be able teach the basic tools of QI, facilitate QI teams leading to the development, testing and implementation of those high impact changes. The activities of the QI advisor will be overseen by the Senior Quality Improvement Advisor based in the national office who will provide additional support to coordinate the work portfolio, adapt the implementation design as needed, analyse the impact of changes tested and help to spread best practices across the districts.
Building capability: data trainings and quarterly learning sessions
- Assist with learning materials development, review and implementation
- Work hand in hand with the District and sub district leadership on preparations for all district level trainings and learning sessions
- Participate and assist with teaching in all district level learning sessions to make sure that all Collaborative are being run in a similar manner or support under the guidance of the Senior QI Advisor
- Assist data experts to train data capturers to improve the quality and reliability of data used by QI teams to assess the effect of changes
- Build relationships and work closely with Program Managers, Quality Assurance managers, Coordinators and other stakeholders (DSPs) at the district and facility level
QI Coaching and Mentoring
- Provide onsite technical support through some joint site visits (at the time of sub-district Learning Sessions) with the district coaches to help ensure a standardised QI approach across the South Africa health system
- Provide virtual technical support
- Provide deep and timely support as district leader in coaching and mentoring QI teams and spreading best practices between sub districts
Analysis and Data Review
- Assist with baseline data collection, data quality assessments (DQAs) and analysis for district and facilities
Administration and documentation
- Provide ongoing check ins with district coaches, facility leaders and QI teams
- Provide collaborative monthly reports to NDoH and AQUITY Innovations
- Assist with development of a standard template to be used at facilities to document and share best practices an ongoing basis
- Ensure the district, sub-district and facilities have all the necessary documents for improvement i.e. how to guide, implementation guide, data guide etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health required, (master’s degree or higher degree preferred)
- Experience working in health and social care settings is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience in TB management is highly desirable
- A minimum of five years of working with improvement teams
- A minimum of five year of experience teaching the SOI concepts, methods and tools
- teams and management groups
To apply, submit your CV/Résumé and cover letter to [email protected]
- Job City Mpumalanga