The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
Creative Associates is seeking a Teacher Education Advisor who will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the state level. The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
- Lead integrated state and Local Government Education Authorities, State Universal Basic Education Board, and School Based Management Committee working groups and steering committees in the following tasks:
- Identification of education priorities
- Assessment of education standards
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
- Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed;
- Manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc.;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in education;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five (5) years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Job City Abuja