DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
TA to improve EU visibility in policy areas and development cooperation, Nigeria
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Code: 4154
DAI are preparing to bid on the opportunity referenced above.
The purpose of the potential services is to provide technical advice and support to the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, in the design and implementation of a range of activities and events of public outreach, policy dialogue, economic diplomacy, visibility and cultural expression.
This is aimed at increasing awareness among the Nigerian general public about:
- the role and importance of the EU and its programmes in Nigeria’s development
- the shared values and principles underpinning the EU’s relationship with Nigeria
- issues of the European Union of relevance to Nigeria
- It will also involve the analysis of the current level of EU visibility and the impact of the proposed activities vis a vis the target groups/new target audience at different phases of the project, to assess the level of interest/awareness of the Nigerian public.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall quality and timelines of the team’s performance and its delivered outputs as well as the reporting and direct communication with the Contracting Authority and other relevant stakeholders.
- The anticipated starting date is 1st April 2019, with an initial implementation period of 36 months, based in Abuja.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent diploma in Communication or any other field related to the priority areas of the project (education, economics, political science, culture studies), or in its absence, a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in the fields detailed above, followed by at least 3 years of post-graduate professional experience on top of the general professional experience required below
- Proven organisational, communication, mobilisation and change management skills
- High level of command of written and spoken English
General professional experience
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience in public diplomacy, public relations, communication, event management, policy dialogue
- At least 3 years’ experience in West Africa, preferably Nigeria, in the last 10 years
- At least 5 years; experience in managing a team and/or as project manager in the last 10 years
Specific professional experience and skills
- Proven experience in the design and preparation of multimedia communication material (publications, websites, leaflets, etc.).
- Experience in the use of electronic media such as websites and blogs, including website development.
- Excellent interpersonal and sound communication skills, capability of working in a team as a team leader
- Proven knowledge of European Commission project management procedures and financial regulations, preferably through management and participation in EC-funded technical assistance projects of similar size and/or contractual value, would be an advantage
- Proven ability to develop solid partnerships with high level officials in order to achieve project results;
Please note that, even though some of the requirements are recommended, we would prefer candidates who complied with all the requirements
- Job City Abuja