Self Help Africa (SHA) is an international NGO, dedicated to the vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa. Working in ten countries throughout Africa, SHA focuses on agriculture and agribusiness as the engine of growth in Africa.
Self Help Africa are looking for a dynamic, proactive and results-oriented Challenge Fund Team Leader to be the strategic head of the AgriFI-Value Chain Implementation Team. The TL will be responsible for ensuring successful implementation of the remaining two years of this 5.5-year, European Union-funded programme through providing strategic leadership, technical oversight and direct management of the programme – in particular the EUR 18M challenge fund. A key function of this role will be managing effective partnerships with the Lead Firms/implementing organisations and broadening the impact of the fund to attract additional investment into the AgriFI firms and other agribusinesses.
The Team Leader’s key responsibilities will include:
· Providing strategic, technical and managerial oversight and leadership for the Challenge Fund
· Overseeing financial analysis, business plan generation and revision, market analysis, building market and distribution channels
· Leading and managing the relationship with AgriFI’s co-implementer
· Ensuring effective integration of core technical areas
· Representing SHA at government, donor, NGO and other relevant events
· Leading activities to build capacities of SMEs/lead firms
· Raising additional capital for the Challenge Fund
· Leading the team in marketing to build AgriFI’s brand and presence
· Leading in preparation of proposals and budgets to potential partners and funders
· Consolidating key learnings and apply these to the programme and future SHA work
· Ensuring the programme is implemented and delivered effectively and efficiently
· Monitoring and reporting on the progress of the fund technically and financially.
The ideal will possess the following qualities:
· MBA or Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Management, Finance or related field
· Depth of knowledge in agriculture finance, banking and investment/project appraisal
· 10+ years of experience in the implementation of agri-business development projects
· Strong project management abilities with a good understanding of project cycle management
· Experience of working with donors in development programmes
· Direct experience or a thorough understanding of Challenge Fund programmes
· An in-depth understanding of value chain development
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
· Stakeholder management experience with development partners and government departments
· Ability to apply functional marketing, business planning, enterprise finance or related areas.
How to apply
We have retained the services of Millar Cameron, an Executive Search agency to help us find the right candidate.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your CV and contact details to Alison Cannon at [email protected] with the subject line “Self Help Africa Team Leader Kenya”.
- Job City Nairobi