CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
Our client is mandated to promote environmentally and socially sustainable human settlements and adequate housing for all. The Sustainable Development Goal 11 aims to “make cities safe, resilient and sustainable” and the New Urban Agenda, the outcome of the Third UN Conference on Human Settlements, Habitat III (Oct 2016) seeks to maximize the potential of urbanization as a force for sustainable development. Our client is thus concerned with the sustainable development of cities and urban communities, and provides support in urban policy and spatial planning at different levels (national, regional and local), reconstruction and housing, rehabilitation of infrastructure, and the promotion of equitable land rights and tenure security.
Our client has worked over two decades in Libya in supporting relevant departments, in particular the Urban Planning Agency (UPA), on the issues of spatial planning. This included providing institutional support and capacity development since 2002 in order to achieve a national policy for spatial planning (2006 to 2030) and a large number of regional and subregional plans, as well as the basic designs of cities, towns and villages. In the second half of 2012, the program also contributed with the Urban Planning Agency to strengthen the capacity of staff in areas of urban planning and geographic information systems as needed for urban recovery planning, and provided technical advice in the housing sector and in the preparation of urban rehabilitation plans.
Our client is reactivating its activities inside Libya to contribute effectively to the ongoing efforts to support stabilization and recovery in urban areas. It eventually seeks to support reconstruction efforts through providing technical support in spatial planning, housing and related infrastructure rehabilitation; in the development of urban recovery and housing policies and programmes with relevant government, private sector and civil society stakeholders; in addressing housing, land and property rights particularly of displaced populations (to facilitate their return); and policy support in land development and land registration.
The programme is managed by Tunisia based team of internationally and locally employed staff led by the Habitat Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be a member of the Operations Team and reports to the Habitat Programme Manager responsible on Libya.
Reporting directly to the Head of the Sub regional Office for the Maghreb, the technical coordinator will:
• Consolidate and provide technical guidance and support to the ongoing project and partners on all activities related to the ongoing project to support the Urban planning Agency to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, sustainability and environmental soundness in the implementation.
• Liaise and maintain good relations with the relevant government institutions in Libya.
• Act as a focal point on sustainable urban development issues within our client in Libya and liaise with our clients related agencies and governmental and nongovernmental counterparts inside Libya.
• Make the necessary follow up on the progress of work for the relevant activities and provide regular reports to the project National Coordinator and the Head of the sub regional Office for the Maghreb. This will include preparation of the payment requests (if needed) and the weekly and monthly reports for the work progress according to needs and the instruction of the Head of the sub regional Office for the Maghreb.
• Provide programmatic and technical support and advice that will promote our client’s management and coordination with the Urban Planning Agency and the other Government counterparts.
• Identify Programmes or Projects related to the urban sector, good urban governance and urban management, urban recovery in conflict affected areas, shelter, slum upgrading, rural-urban linkages and local economic development. Prepare briefing notes. Draft Terms of Reference for Programmes/Projects design to generate project resources with the support of the HPM and the Senior Human Settlements officer.
• Coordinate the agenda and support all visiting our client’s experts and associated missions. Follow up on actions recommended or agreed during visiting missions and ensure documentation of mission’s activities in timely reports.
• Identify national stakeholders to participate in regional and international events organized by our client and its partners.
• Support field staff and partners in the implementation of our client’s activities in Libya.
• Assist to foster better coordination and collaboration within the local working groups as (shelter, WASH etc) members themselves through facilitating the flow of knowledge and information in the clusters/working groups and liaise with other clusters.
• Perform any other duties as required.
A monthly work plan including tasks and duties to be performed by the technical coordinator will be shared and agreed with him at the beginning of each month. This work plan will be also used to report on the accomplished activities for each month.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in urban planning, architecture, engineering or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Minimum of 12 years of professional experience involving liaison with high level government representatives, coordination with national and local authorities.
Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases.
Implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and coordination are required
fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required.
- Job City Tripoli -Benghazi