There are two positions, one in Lagos and one in Bauchi.
This position will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the award. The Technical Director should have leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal and organizational qualities. At a minimum, the candidate should have an extensive experience managing similar projects and should have in-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT, HIV/TB, as well as cross-cutting areas like HSS etc.
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor all senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Oversee the sub-contract and sub- grant cycle from pre-award to close- out including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring and close-out of sub-awards based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure that they are in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversees project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with donor.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project team which includes staff from the
organization and international and national partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with federal government and regional entities to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and
administrative functions within the project.
- Coordinate with other donor implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
• Medical Doctor (MD, with a Master’s Degree in public health or related field
• Seven years of senior level experience with HIV prevention, treatment, and/or care and support programming in Nigeria or a similar setting.
• Five years of senior level management experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
• Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
• Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
• Experience with USG rules and regulations
• Experience operating in insecure environments
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Lagos, Bauchi