IFES is an independent, non-governmental organization providing professional support to electoral democracy. IFES supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by:
- Providing technical assistance to election officials
- Empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process
- Applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle
Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
IFES Ethiopia requires Graphic Designer which will create the layout and design of a variety of media, focusing on publications and info graphics, newsletters, brochures, proposals, invitations for IFES and its support to the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE); specific duties include: Install working places for newcomers:
- Work with program team to understand the graphic design needs and create original visual media that communicates the message and vision of the team;
- Produces sample layout for approval by the program team and/or NEBE communication person(s);
- Manages and maintains graphic files, including photos, vector art, and logos;
- Tracks, communicates, and evaluates progress of various design requested and associated metrics throughout process;
- Revises assignment as necessary based on collaborative feedback process;
- Prepares print files and assembly instructions on notification of final approval;
- Liaise with IFES program team to prepare social media posting: and
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- March 01 – October 31, 2020
- Strong practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such
- As Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access–MS Visio – Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic English is a must
Skills and Requirements
- Problem-solving skills
- A technical mind
- An organized mind
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of Design software systems
- Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms
- Good communication skills
- Discretion (since confidential data is held on computer systems)
- Quality design for various IFES assignments completed in line with IFES requirements and within specified deadlines.
How to Apply
Please send your document via email address: [email protected]
- Job City Addis Ababa