Reports to – Training and Development Manager
Location – Centurion, South Africa
The Training and Capacity Building Coordinator will be responsible for providing expertise in developing training materials, Capacity Development and training courses, including work integrated learning, field training and mentoring, for the HRH CHW Project in consultation with the Training and Capacity Development Advisor and the Training and Development Manager. The Capacity Building Coordinator will work with the Capacity Development Advisor and Manager to implement a range of capacity development interventions to strengthen skills of Master Trainers, Outreach Team Leaders and Community Health Workers. She will be part of the team responsible for training and capacity development of CHWs, OTLs and MTs.
Roles and responsibilities
- Review and adapt existing training curriculum and materials to enhance on key training topics to suit context and aligned to Community Health Worker Scope of Work.
- Training of Facilitators/Trainers and mentoring in assessment facilitation and training.
- Provide technical advice, supportive supervision, mentoring and effective monitoring and evaluation related to the design and organization of the training and capacity development events.
- Provide effective coordination for all training and capacity development activities, including best practices and knowledge management.
- Facilitate development of the lessons learned, best practices and knowledge management relevant for the capacity development and training activities.
- Support and Coordinate the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning of Capacity Building Activities
- Support the implementation of the performance-based strategy
- Support the development monitoring and evaluation plan, tools and reports to evaluate the success of each training session
- Through monitoring the capacity development events ensure quality, timely completion and impact of the training sessions.
- Draft and submit 2 weekly progress reports.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Education or any other degree/ diploma related to Training and Capacity Development and Community Development.
- Demonstrated experience in train the trainer/facilitator, curriculum development, and other training capacities within health, capacity development, and mentoring.
- Experience in learning course development based on Adult Education techniques and principles.
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum development and accreditation of learning programmes and curriculae.
- Proven track record of the application of Adult Education Principles within training capacity development initiatives.
- 5 years’ experience in development work in the non-profit sector, 2 of which are specifically in Organisational Development or capacity development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including working in a large team, giving and receiving feedback, timely communication and problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to think analytically and creatively.
- Ability to work under pressure and yet deliver effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in Power point.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
The job may require the successful candidate to travel long distances and to be accommodated in different places around the country
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Job City Centurion, South Africa