The National and Provincial Departments of Health have been delivering the COVID-19 vaccination programme to the general public since May 2021. A number of donors (including the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, DG Murray Trust, ELMA Vaccines & Immunization Foundation, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and the Solidarity Fund) have pooled resources to strengthen planning and implementation capacity within provinces and districts. DGMT is leading the coordinated donor support process to the NDoH.
Working remotely, DGMT seeks to appoint a
TRANSPORT PROGRAMME MANAGER (6 month fixed term contract)
The incumbent will manage the national programme to support provinces in providing citizens with transport to vaccinations sites. Using their transport planning experience, they will help develop and execute national and provincial passenger transport strategies to selected vaccination sites. These plans will entail optimizing the mix of transport modalities, identifying routes and schedules, and establishing agreements with transport operators.
The role requires strong partnership and stakeholder management across district, provincial and national representatives from Department of Transport, Department of Health, transport provider associations, and donors.
The Transport Programme Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support development of the Passenger Vaccination Transport national strategy and cascade to the provincial level OR specific provincial plans
- Support development of demand generation/marketing strategies for the transport programme
- Support development of monitoring and evaluation plans to ensure quality and performance expectations are met
- Lead planning in coordination with national, provincial and district Department of Health and Department of Transport to ensure that transport programmes are implemented in areas of demonstrated need (vaccination access gap)
- Facilitate engagements between district/province DoH and DoT, transport providers, and other partners
- Develop programme management plan and implementation toolkits
- Liaise with donors to ensure performance expectations are met
The Transport Programme Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and/or Transport Management, or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience in a Transport Management role, specifically for passenger transport
- Proven experience in a leadership role developing transport programme strategies and objectives
- Experience running programmes with or for the Department of Transport
- Knowledge of Logistics/Transport optimisation and planning software like PLATO, Trackmatic, Matrix
- Experience working with and coordinating across multiple contractors
- Knowledge of transportation industry legislation and compliance issues, particularly with regard to health and safety for transportation of people, including knowledge of the relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Track record of ensuring operations meet appropriate performance and safety standards
A clear MIE background check is required before the start of employment. Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.
email your application by Monday 27th September 2021 to [email protected]
- Job City South Africa