Location: Senegal – preferred (flexible)
Report to: CEO
Critical Requirement: French – preferred; English fluency required
Application: Due September 30th but reviewed on a rolling basis
Start date: October – November 2019 but flexible
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro’s North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder here.
About the Vice President of Sales Role
In this newly created role, you will build and drive myAgro’s global sales strategy and be responsible for the execution of the strategy. This role will define sales processes, learning & design, communications, content, and delivery, helping our teams improve their sales approach and increase productivity. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that possesses exceptional problem solving skills with experience in different sales functions such as training, sales content and commission schemes.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy and framework aimed at deepening our impact in current villages, as well as increasing sales with current clients (farmers)
- Create a staffing model plan to achieve growth goals through the end of 2021
- Develop a growing, talented salesforce through the creation of a sales training program (that blends instructor-led and self-paced, digital content) to quickly ramp new folks while maintaining high performance with the current sales team
- Establish and implement a sales operation culture that is focused on tracking results, documenting goals, and providing candid feedback about opportunities
- Develop and drive a consistent customer facing “voice” for myAgro sales teams
- Develop and own sales communications process and cadence responsible for reaching all layers of our sales team
- Ensure consistent and meaningful contact with the Product team to ensure alignment between Product and Sales teams
- Define and measure KPIs and success metrics and criteria to understand ROI of sales processes, training programs, and commission plan to assist with allocation of resources
- Improve and iterate on sales processes to make sales team more effective in end to end sales
- Own and develop sales tools for our sales team
- Build and develop a team of Sales Experts that will serve as our internal sales trainers and coaches for our field team
- Manage the post-sales support services function effectively for customer satisfaction.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a sales company managing and developing a sales team in both mature and start-up environments
- Experience with sales and accessing and launching sales enablement tools
- Familiarity with sales skills and methodologies
- Stellar track record of building high-performing sales teams and delivering or exceeding revenue targets.
- Self-starter with an analytical and collaborative orientation; can think strategically and drive operational excellence
- Written and verbal communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences, as well as stakeholder management and consensus building, and project management
- An entrepreneurial “own the outcome” mindset with a strategic approach to establishing and prioritizing sales goals, focused objectives, and target results
- Ability to develop strategic sales compensation plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the company
- Fluency in English required; French fluency is preferred
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Thies