About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Warehouse Keeper
Department: Supply Chain
Duty Station: Nazreth (3) and Dire Dawa (3)
Required Number: Six
Employment Term: Definite period for six months
Reports To: Warehouse Officer
Application Deadline: December 19, 2019
You will handle activities related to warehouse maintenance and goods receipt, storage handling, monitoring, and dispatch in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure goods entrusted to the organization by donors are maintained applying established standards and in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements.
- Support the maintenance of warehousing/storage facilities, conducting regular inspection and cleaning of facilities.
- Preparation of the warehouse/storage facilities for commodities and goods receipt and dispatch to ensure the loading & offloading activities, and proper stacking of commodities on pallets complying with CRS procedures and the donor.
- Help prepare necessary documents for commodities and goods receipts, bin cards, LAR, disposal, and file records per established standards.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Completion of College Diploma in related field with 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of warehouse and inventory practices.
- Able to use MS Office Excel and Word.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Good communication and relationship management skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/92342055683559 fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, December 19, 2019, to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline May 8, 2019. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Note: CRS is an equal opportunity employer and hence candidates from all backgrounds: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
- Job City Nazreth, Dire Dawa