We are currently recruiting for a WASH Assistant to join our Amudat and Kaabong team at the Uganda Office.
Guided by the WASH Advisor, the WASH Assistant will implement community hygiene and sanitation activities at household level. S/he will also work with WASH Co-ordinator, and other program staff (SBCC, MEAL, Adolescent Development) and the Apolou Consortium to ensure effective household and community WASH improvements. The WASH Assistant will ensure that all WASH activities support the achievement of project goals of improved food and nutrition security. The WASH Assistant will ensure quality in implementation of community-level WASH activities and ensure that communities adopt good hygiene and sanitation practices, routinely carry out effective CLTS follow-up and documentation of key success in his/her district and ensure triggered villages attain open defecation free environments.
In order to be successful you’ll bring/be:
* Minimum of Diploma in Environment Health Science, Water Engineering or WASH related course from recognized institution. Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage.
* At least 2 years of direct experience in integrated WASH programming, (preferably in a community setting in Karamoja sub region).
* Thorough knowledge of WASH national and international standards.
* Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
* Excellent skills in report writing and meeting dead lines
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Job City Kampala