FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Amhara, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Under supervision of the WASH Officer, the WASH Assistant is responsible for supporting implementation, achievement of targets and regular monitoring and reporting of progresses. They will be responsible for providing technical guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate international and national technical standards and guidelines are technically sound. The WASH Assistant will particularly support sanitation and environmental health interventions planned under the project.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Work closely with WASH Officer to ensure achievement of project objectives.
- Support program team including monitoring and evaluation officer in collecting primary information from operational locations making use of appropriate data collection instruments for the purpose of rapid assessments, baseline surveys, etc.
- Represent FHI 360 at the community level; liaise relationships with key community figures, activities and other local stakeholders.
- Follow up routine implementation of activities under the guidance of WASH Officer.
- Ensure regular monitoring of indicators and targets using standard developed monitoring checklists
- Provide specific field progress reports on any other programmatic matter.
- Work closely with FHI 360 target health facilities and communities in collecting facility level information that will be routinely required by the WASH Coordinator and WASH Officer.
- Handle any other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 month with possibility of extension
REQUIRED AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· At least 2-3 years of national work experience in NGO setting, working on primary health care, nutrition, WASH or any other humanitarian project is strongly required.
· Diploma/Associate degree in public health, social science, social work, Water engineering , community health or any relevant field of study. Additional two years of experience in a similar position in NGO setting can be considered in lieu of the associate degree/diploma.
· Capable to form networks and liaise with local stakeholders.
· Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
How to Apply
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter with ‘WASH Assistant-Bahir Dar/Dessie in the subject line as one document to [email protected] .
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted
- Job City Bahir Dar/ Dessie, Amhara